June 1, 2011
Today, I start my new job as the Triathlon Canada Regional Training Centre coach for Vancouver. My main tasks are centred around developing up and coming junior elite and U23 elite triathletes! To do this I will be building community ties with the triathlon community in metroVancouver and the extended communities needed to support these athletes.
If you are interested in buying into this project as a supporter in some capacity, please contact me. Who knows, I may be contacting you very soon!
Exciting new for Dragon Boat coaches in Canada!
As of May 9, 2011 you can now get full NCCP Dragon Boat coaching certification under CanoeKayak Canada’s new Entry Level Competitive Coaching (ELCC) program! The Dragon Boat program is one of two new big boat modules offered to canoe-kayak coaches; dragon boat and war canoe.
If you already have ELCC certification from CanoeKayak Canada, you can add on a four hour big boat module. For coaches without any CanoeKayak Canada ELCC certification, you will need to take the NCCP Part A theory course as a prerequisite then take the big boat module of your choice as a two and half days (19 hours) stand alone course. For coaches interested in pursuing “advanced gradation” you will also need NCCP Part B theory to earn this recognition.
In BC, visit CanoeKayak BC for more information on these courses
- At #YYJ for part 1/3 en route to#Halifax to launch the#CanoeKayakCanada #dragonboatcoaching module to provincial instructors 2 hours ago
- Safety question from#CanoeKayakCanada coaching education course in #VictoriaBC “Am I my Brother’s Keeper?” 1 day ago
- First float plane trip ever! At#HarbourAir in #Vancouver en route for #VictoriaBC to teach#CanoeKayakCanada coaching course 1 day ago
- Training is a religion…http://wp.me/peggE-6h 3 days ago
- Congrats to Sue for finishing her first Moloka’i OC1 relay this past Sunday! 3 days ago
- @hojuman Nice PR work in your nearly 2nd finish! Winner of the BMO volunteer dodge tho’ 3 May